With how much hand sanitizer the world is going through right now and how drying and toxic most of them can be, I knew I’d be using doTERRAs or making my own using doTERRA On Guard essential oil. I use both and if I ever run out of the doTERRA spray, I turn to my DIY which is just as good! The active ingredient in doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist kills 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria. Here are a few ways to use it:
The convenient spray-bottle top packaging of the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist is useful in a variety of situations:
- If you’re traveling anywhere, keep the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist in your carry-on or road trip bag. I keep it in my car most of the time and use it before touching my steering wheel or phone after leaving a public place.
- Keep a bottle of the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist in your gym bag for use after touching gym equipment (once gyms are open again).
- Put a bottle of the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist in your purse when you’re on the go.
- I spray the doTERRA spray (not the DIY version because I don’t want Vitamin E and Aloe on it) onto my phone to disinfect it. To buy this directly from doTERRA at wholesale prices and be personally mentored by me in your essential oil journey, click here.
A few more things to note ~
- The doTERRA On Guard blend includes Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary CPTG® essential oils that not only provide protective benefits, but also have an uplifting citrus spice.
- This recipe doesn’t include alcohol but you could always add that.
- I added vitamin E oil to moisturize hands.
4 ounce spray bottle, glass
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
20 drops doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend
A few drops of pure Vitamin E oil – mine has 32,000 IUs of Vitamin E so it’s strong!
Water to fill the rest of the way.
- In spray bottle, combine aloe vera and doTERRA On Guard.
- Fill the rest of bottle with water. Shake until combined.
- To use, spray on hands and rub together.
to learn more about studies done on On Guard, click here.